ADHM 2009

Welcome     Login | Signup   ADHM Community | Runners Wall | Members| Tag | Discussions | Support a cause
Questions from an enthusiastic First time 1/2 marathon runner
| More

Deepak
22 October 2009, 17:02:50

Hello All,

I love running in general and do run quiet regularly - on treadmill as well as on road but mostly a distance of < 5 km. I started preparing for this last month and in fact I did about 20 kms last week in about 2 hrs 30 min as a preparation for ADHM. So you can see, I am a slow runner. My goal is to complete the marathon in 3 hrs. Any thing < 3 hrs is a plus :). I have never participated in a marathon before and so I have few questions for you all experts on this forum and your help is highly appreciated:

1. Is iPod allowed in the marathon ? It is difficult for me to imagine running w/o it :).
  2. Can we take our own energy drinks ? Are the ones available officially good ?
  3. I can do 15 kms comfortably which I have done few times in last 2 months. Do you recommend me trying 21 kms one more time this week ?
  4. Is walking allowed in the middle of the marathon ? When I did 20 kms last week, I did walk for about 1-2 kms overall when ever I used to get tired/bored.
  5. Any recommendation for the dress on the race day ? Is there a ADHM dress code ?
  6. Any tip for the last day or last week before the run ?

I will be coming to Noida early next week, so if you guys are in/around Noida and looking for a practice partner, please let me know.

Cheers & thanks in advance,

Deepak

Re: Questions from an enthusiastic First time 1/2 marathon runner
| More

Palash
23 October 2009, 15:19:40

Deepak,

In this marathon you can expect a lot of fun. I had completed the full distance in around 2 hrs and 30 mins. Not to mention that last year was my first time in this category. With winters just setting, the race day can a real fun.

A1 - Yes IPOD is allowed

A2 - Yes you can have your own energy drinks plus water bottles and Glucose is also available on the route.

A3 - Yes go for 21 Km, its a great feeling to complete the marathon.

A4 - Yes you can walk too.

A5 - Wear something in which you are comfortable, no dress code.

A6 - Take rest a day before and a good night sleep.

All the best and welcome to be part for the Airtel Half Marathon

Palash

| More

Premnath
23 October 2009, 17:24:10

Q.No.2: I could not find energy drinks last time whereas water was available in plenty. May be this time they ensure enough energy drink is available.

Q.No.3: I suggest not to do 21K too close to Race day. Give enough rest during last 2-3 days.

Q.No.4: Shorts and T-Shirt is the best.

| More

Amit yadav
27 October 2009, 10:17:31

Dear Runner,

welcome to the community.

Though,you are free to use i pod,but i suggest you to refrain from it.As on the sunday morning, most of people just wake up late,you would have then opportunity to see,feel a different Delhi with no noise ,no vehicles,no pollution,(only fresh air,birds chirping,lots of encouraging sounds of people both runners and spectators,)So,you would miss all these stuff if you use your i pod,you may like to use i pod when you are practicing alone in ur city,place,but at half marathon,there would be hundreds of people,both young,n old,so you donot need i pod,

Regards,

Amit